Thursday, May 3, 2012

Things I Love Thursday


  • photographer Greg Gorman Un Certain Regard exhibition. I would so love to see this in person but I have a feeling it won't be coming to my city.
  • Ashley Judd 100, tabloids 0. It's about time we made a stance against tabloids and trashy sensationalism. The best way, is stop reading and buying tabloid magazines for good. 
  • Vintage fashion videos: Paco Rabanne, Dior (the commentary is so funny!), Chanel
  • Ben Kingsley on The Talks - "I love the now, it is all we have."
  • Duct tape eyeliner from Love Aesthetics.
  • I love Kit Kat. It's my favourite chocolate. They have a gazillion flavours in Japan. I'm down with that.
  • Kay Montano creates a coquettish and pretty look on Peony Lim, with lilacs and blues. Special little video! (It is safe to say that I am a new fan of Kay's work.)
  • How cool are you? Your spending habits say a lot about how cool you are...do you agree? (I despise the phrase 'new research shows/new studies show..." but this is a pretty tongue in cheek story. And read the comments they're hilarious!)
  • Interesting insight by Kay Montano, make up artist in London (see dot point 7)
  • Receiving a lovely jar of honey at work. Everyone got one, but I have no idea who from! Must double check who it was and thank them personally. I love honey and had it on toast with bananas this morning for breakfast. Yums.
  • Won a free pass to see Delicacy, Audrey Tautou's new film. It was lovely, really funny and quaint. Beautiful storytelling. Definitely recommend it if you haven't seen it yet! Does she never age? And the clothing/styles definitely drool-worthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment